With green logistics, business operations are efficient and, at the same time, don’t affect for the environment in a negative way. Organizations that implement this logistics generate higher profitability in a sustainable way.
The recovered materials and the returned merchandise are used, recycled, reused or discarded taking care of the environment and also the production. Thus, green logistics adapts processes to a sustained economy.
This production methodology is relatively new. It is likely that we are not clear about what it is about or what are the benefits it offers. Next, we give you information about the operation of this logistics sensitive to the conditions of the planet.
Green logistics in business operations
Green logistics mainly attacks the emission of carbon dioxide (CO2) in transport and storage processes. This is the substance that most severely affects our planet.
For its part, reverse logistics seeks methods to facilitate the process of reuse and recycling of transport waste. Among these wastes we can mention damaged rubbers, burned oil, among others.
However, green logistics goes further; try to work with ecological transport that minimize the negative effects on the environment. This is achieved by encouraging the use of electric or autonomous cars. It is easier to favor the environment if, at the same time, the quality of life is improved.
How to implement green logistics in your company?
All companies that decide on sustainability take an analysis of its impact at all points in the supply chain. The application of green logistics depends on the process in which it is to be applied.
Nevertheless, in general terms, how to implement it in the company? Initially, the ideal is to educate yourself with the terminology used in green logistics. For example, there are green warehouses, green transportation, and many more.
Moreover, green logistics encompasses many variables, including ecology, sustainability, responsibility, corporation. The implementation of this education is not a burden for the company. So, it provides many advantages in terms of competition and market positioning.
Factors to consider to implement green logistics
The factors with the greatest incidence in this logistics are:
• Recycling and reuse
• Ecological transport
• Ecological deposit
• Use of raw material
On this occasion, let’s talk about two factors that have the greatest influence on this type of logistics:
1. Ecological transport
This can occur in different ways; among the options we have:
• Deliveries and deliveries on motorcycles, bicycles, tricycles, vans and electric cars. In this way, the reduction of carbon dioxide in the environment is guaranteed, notably reducing the pollution of the planet.
• Use of robotic or autonomous cars. They perfectly mimic human capabilities. They do not need driving to go to the specified place. The customer can withdraw his order through a code assigned to him. The car then continues with the next delivery, reducing CO2 emissions and speeding up package deliveries.
• Urban minibus, mobile fleets, deliveries with drones, segway, among others. They are ideal for reducing toxic gases produced by distribution and transportation vehicles.
2. Recycling and reuse of discarded products
The possibility of recycling depends on the discarded product. The options depend on things like:
• Products to recover
• Market destination
• Potential customers
Advantages of implementing green logistics in companies
The benefits are many, here are some of them:
• Improving the perception and image of companies adding value to the brand
• Saving of resources
• Better quality of life for the population
• Protection to the environment
At last, the future is green and, therefore, logistics must be green too. Still many companies fail to achieve a balance between efficiency and ecology. But Looper guarantees you this balance that green logistics offers.